See What Relatives Did to This Man, For Refusing to Handover His Daughter for Female Circumcision (Photo)

Mr. Olalowo Hammed Olalekan
 
Heartless family members have condemned a father's face after he refused to handover her daughter to them for a painful and senseless female genital mutilation.
 
Mr. Olalowo Hammed Olalekan and his wife, Modinat have fled the shores of Nigeria for the safety of their children after they were asked by relatives to bring their daughter for a painful and needless circumcision.
 
According to NewTelegraph, Modinat and her husband jointly objected to such traditional requirements of their offspring and insisted that their child would not be circumcised, unknown to him, it would get him into trouble.
 
Hammed, who was said to have been attacked by his kinsmen for not subjecting his daughter for the exercise said he didn’t expect to survive the attack due to thorough beating he got when he tried to escape, saying he was abused by his family and the community alike and was left to die. He said: “I thought I had died.

I was bleeding all over tmy body with swollen face and cuts on my body. What I experienced from them is not what I wish anybody. If it were my wife or children, they may not have survived it.”
 
Speaking further, he said: “I was on my way home, when some men began taunting me for not allowing my daughter to be circumcised, rather aided their disappearance.”
 
However, human rights activists have described the act as barbaric and blame it on Nigerian government for not providing adequate security to its citizens against such practices.

Comments

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964
Buy

Popular posts from this blog

Country of Our Dreams: This is How Nigeria Looked Like Before the Coming of Politicians (Photo)

Goodluck Jonathan Goes into Exile in Cote d'Ivoire

No One Could Satisfy Me Like Fela Kuti - Widow of Afrobeat Legend Speaks on Life with Fela

We Chose Sheriff for the Battle Ahead - PDP Governors Forum Reply Critics

Nollywood Actress, Omotola Ekeinde to Take Over Coockie Lyon's Role in Empire? (Watch)

Delta State University Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Female Student In Abraka Hotel

He Who Believes I Was at PDP Convention Will Believe His Mother is Not a Woman - Obasanjo