Alex Iwobi Opens Up on Being Almost Dumped by Arsenal Twice

Clarisse Juliette
 
Arsenal and Super Eagles forward Alex Iwobi has gotten his girlfriend, Clarisse Juliette to talk through his FIFA 17 Ratings.

At the age of 20, Iwobi plays for Arsenal, one of the world’s most famous football clubs – and gets paid a pretty sizeable amount of money to do so.
 
Iwobi is a regular player for Nigeria’s Super Eagles, and on top of all that, it seems he is now famous enough to be given one of those weird, big FIFA 17 cards that outline his personal ratings in the game.

Iwobi asked Clarisse to sit on a sofa with his FIFA 17 card and talk through his ratings. It was indeed a test of Clarisse’s footballing knowledge, and she passed the test with flying colours.
 

In related development, Iwobi also revealed he was twice almost dumped by Arsenal before turning professional. Iwobi graduated through the ranks at Hale End but his path was far from smooth. “I was almost released at 14, again at 16 and just about got a professional contract after that,” he told the London Evening Standard.

“Especially at 14, I thought I was very close to not making it. It was stressful as I was going through school, trying to balance that and make sure I was still signed for Arsenal. It was really difficult for me.

“We usually found out in December who might be kept on but I kept on getting the question ‘is he good enough?’ So they extended it to see if I could do something and it went to March and then April. Luckily I did enough.


“At 16 I got the option to leave but I always felt at home at Arsenal and that was where I wanted to be. At 16, there were a lot of good players, a few internationals in the team at a young age so it was difficult for me to stand out in the games. They always want the best and I wasn’t really up there at that age. The fact that I kept getting chances makes me feel lucky.”

Comments

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964
Buy

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari Presidential Media Chat Live Stream: Watch Nigeria's Leader Answer Questions On National Issues [VIDEO]

Girls Flash Their Breasts for 100 Dollars in the Street (Photo+Video)

Drama as Filipino Priest Preach on Hoverboard During Mass in Church (Photo+Video)

INEC Announces Outcome of Nasarawa Bye-Election

#Football News: Arsenal Star, Mesut Ozil Embarks on Pilgrimage to Muslim Holy City of Mecca (Photos)

Yahoo Boy Runs Mad in Lagos, Jumps Out of His Range Rover and Goes N*ked (Photo)

Sierra Leonean President Hosts Wizkid in Style (Photos)