Why I Dropped My Degree to Become a Taxi Driver

While some Nigerian women are today afraid of the car steering wheel, others have decided to earn a living in the male-dominated field of taxi drivers.
 
Susan Asakpa
 
One of such ladies is Delta State-born Susan Asakpa.
 
“I studied Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I worked in a hotel for about three years. There was nothing new anymore, no challenge and the salary was stagnant. Later on, my boss called me up and told me that he will be reducing my salary by N10,000. I was surprised.”
 
“Before then, I have been thinking about what business I can do. I had three business ideas (hair dressing, food and taxi business). I prayed
about them after which I chose this one,” the young lady continued.
 
“I spoke with my dad who happens to be my closest confidant and he quickly got a loan from the bank and bought me this car. He has been so supportive, not a single word of discouragement,” she said.

Comments

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964

ORDER FOR YOUR FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES. +2348066186964
Buy

Popular posts from this blog

Country of Our Dreams: This is How Nigeria Looked Like Before the Coming of Politicians (Photo)

Goodluck Jonathan Goes into Exile in Cote d'Ivoire

Girls Flash Their Breasts for 100 Dollars in the Street (Photo+Video)

Ese Oruru's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed and Crying as He Appears in Court (Photos)

Read What Lawyers Are Saying About the Kogi Elections After Audu's Death

We Chose Sheriff for the Battle Ahead - PDP Governors Forum Reply Critics

Ooni of Ife to Wed Wuraola Otiti Zynab Obanor next Saturday